Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jan. 8th-12th

Happy New Year!!!! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  I had a great holiday spent a lot of time with family and friends. I am ready for a great 2nd semester.  I can't wait to see my students and see how much they have grown over the break. 

This week, we will be reviewing in math and writing.  In reading we are switching unit 5 and 6 in wonders.  Unit 6 is about weather and seasons. Unit 5 is about living and non living.  We will be reviewing digraphs (ch, sh, wh, ck, and th)

I am changing reading groups based the MOY DIBELS SCORES. I am very proud of your children. Everyone made growth.  Those scores will be coming home in Friday folders.

In writing we are still working on "How To"

In Math we are reviewing teen numbers and continuing to work on telling an addition and subtraction story problem. 

We will also be spending time reviewing classroom and school wide expectations.

Sight Wordsthe, see, can, a, I, like, we, to, go, and, you, and do. Please have your child practice the sight words. They can write the sight words on index cards to make flash cards. They can trace them in salt. The new sight words for unit 6 are is, little, he, with.  

Specials Schedule:  Our class is divided in half each day. Half of the class goes with Mrs. Zarlengo's class and the other half goes with Mrs. Mink's class. 

Group 1: 

1/8 Music
1/9 Music
1/10 Enrichment
1/11 Art
1/12 Art

Group 3:

1/8 Enrichment
1/9 Art
1/10 Art
1/11 Enrichment
1/12 PE

Important Dates: 

1/10 SAC 5:00-6:00pm

Have a great week and if you questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. I am here for you and your child.

Always,

Mrs. Dahman
Kindergarten Teacher
Three Creeks



No comments:

Post a Comment